OpenShot has many amazing features, a couple of the latest features are the option to upload the project to the internet and 3d animated text. Users can upload there finished product to Vimeoh and Youtube. The 3d text comes from accessing Blender (3d modelling program) though python scripts. The animations to choose from are excellent and customisable. More will come as more users find out, create their own and share them with the community.
3D Animated Titles in OpenShot! from Jonathan Thomas on Vimeo.
Features quoted from the site:
- Support for many video, audio, and image formats (based on FFmpeg )
- Gnome integration (drag and drop support)
- Multiple tracks
- Clip resizing, trimming, snapping, and cutting
- Video transitions with real-time previews
- Compositing, image overlays, watermarks
- 3D Animated Titles
- Title templates, title creation, sub-titles
- SVG friendly, to create and include titles and credits
- Scrolling motion picture credits
- Solid color clips (including alpha compositing )
- Support for Rotoscoping / Image sequences
- Drag and drop timeline
- Frame stepping, key-mappings: J,K, and L keys
- Video encoding (based on FFmpeg )
- Key Frame animation
- Digital zooming of video clips
- Speed changes on clips (slow motion etc)
- Custom transition lumas and masks
- Re-sizing of clips (frame size)
- Audio mixing and editing
- Presets for key frame animations and layout
- Ken Burns effect (making video by panning over an image)
- Digital video effects , including brightness, gamma, hue, greyscale, chroma key (bluescreen / greenscreen) , and over 20 other video effects
- OpenShot provides extensive editing and compositing features, and has been designed as a practical tool for working with high-definition video including HDV and AVCHD .
OpenShot 1.2 Highlights from Jonathan Thomas on Vimeo.
Expect many more posts on OpenShot, seeing as the owner of this blog is a developer for the OpenShot Video Editor at Launchpad.net This software is being used for creating Anime Music Videos on Linux. For some AMV goto AMV Relish
This blog was created in order to keep track of the Open Source Software that is useful to me, and hopefully to the readers. :)